Wednesday 18 February 2015

Brigand makes a splash at Kinokuniya!

Last November I had to good fortune to feature one of my art works in the 22 panels exhibit.
It was held at  Kinokuniya in Sydney for around 3 weeks. Here's a quote from the curator of the exhibit, Tim McEwen:
 "Books Kinokuniya informed me that as far as they're concerned this was one of their more successful exhibitions"

High praise indeed for the comic book art form.

If you don't know about the 22 panels that always work. See the pics below.
The first is the original. The second an homage to the greatness of Wally Wood.


I'm pretty sure Wally Wood was also the guy who coined the phrase "if in doubt, black it out" so the great man is clearly a font of wisdom.

Here's my entry. Good ol' fashioned ink on Bristol!


I'll leave it to the reader to guess which of the 22 mine was.

Another plus was that just this week I found out this piece was sold (obviously to a patron of some good taste) during the course of the event!

I'm very glad that Brigand's backside is gracing someone's wall somewhere.

If you also appreciate fine art and would like to commission me to draw something for you drop us a line on the email: info@boltcomics.net 

DON'T FORGET, there is still time to enter our PIN UP CONTEST

You can also stay in touch on the twitters:
twitter.com/TheDanTribe  and twitter.com/BoltComics 
or Like us on facebook: www.facebook.com/BoltComics

All artwork on this page is copyright their respective creators. All rights reserved.
Brigand and distinctive likenesses thereof are  TM and copyright 2015 Daniel Tribe. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment