Wednesday 30 July 2014

Practice makes perfect

hey folks,


For about a year now I have been subscribed to this great blog, written by the creator of Dinotopia, Mr James Gurney.



His blog covers all types of art and is riddled with inspiration.

You can view it here: http://gurneyjourney.blogspot.com

Also any guy who can sell a million copies of his book is a guy I want to be gleaning as much info as possible off!!

He regularly draws/paints out in the open, known as Plein-air painting, but the thing that rocked me was this - he is constantly drawing.

This really got me going, because I spend most of my free time trying to get something-anything done on 'A Brigand's Tale' that I don't spend as much time actually getting better at drawing things.

So I'm resolved to do more drawing to get my skills up, which should make 'A Brigand's Tale' an ever better product.

Won't you all join me in  doing a sketch a day?

I will post them to my twitter which is twitter.com/TheDanTribe

Til next time, find a way or find an excuse!

Dinotopia is Copyright James Gurney 2014. All rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment