Monday 23 June 2014

Another Supanova Wrap up..

Yes, its that time of year when we navel gaze about being in Artist's alley(hereafter referred to as 'the Alley' because it sounds edgy...) at Supanova...

...but everyone else has already been in raptures or in tears about how well or poorly they did. 

So I'll just talk about how Bolt Comics dealt with the highs and lows of 3 big days in 'the Alley'

Our Goal - Have fun. 

Mission Accomplished.


We figured the way to be attractive to passers by is to be having fun.

To our good fortune the folks on either side stall were super cool and we had a blast with them...

Art prodigy and anime man fan John Hanna from Midnight Runners rocked our world with this super cool A Brigand's Tale  pin up I commissioned!

I busted out the electronic crayons and coloured it in!



If you don't know who these characters are pick up a copy of A Brigand's Tale at our online store here: http://boltcomics.bigcartel.com/product/a-brigand-s-tale

I also got the chance to hang with some totally rad dudes and childhood (and manhood) heroes...
Rollin' with my Green peeps

Finally I also managed to test my true grit of a Street Fighter against not one but 2 of the Earths Mightiest Heroes, Cap & Hawkeye!

I bet the Cap and Hawkeye didn't even see me coming with at 'em with my patented 'Dance-fighting' style...


We also sold some comics and gave away a TON of free sketches to any one nice enough to give our work a try.

I even got to match real people's faces to Twitter handles!!

Wowsers, just as well I have a few more months to recover before doing it all again at OzComiccon in September!

All in all, I just wanted to get back to the board and start smashing out A Brigand's Tale #2 out there for people to enjoy...

Feel free to comment below or hit me up on the twitters: www.twitter.com/theDanTribe 

A Brigand's Tale, Brigand, Warper, SneakThief, Malice, Cheeks and Broadside are copyright Dan Tribe 2014. All rights reserved.



No comments:

Post a Comment