Monday 21 September 2015

Pushing the limits...

Hi All,

It's been a while between updates, but the good news is nothing much has been happening so y'all haven't missed out.

So I've been kinda off lately. Very unsure about a lot of things pertaining to my pal Brigand and his cohorts.

But having no deadlines has really meant no work or progress getting made.
 

To rectify this, I have set myself a ridiculous and almost destined to fail goal.

I hope you all join me on my journey to make a graphic novel in a year!

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean a 300 page epic. I mean something more like the European album graphic novels.

Somewhere between 52 and 70 pages.

I think I can do it.

In the last couple of months I think I have finally nailed down the best tools and methods that work for me.

They probably wont work for you, mostly because I eschew digital workflows in favour of tactile analogue processes, or maybe its because I just like to make a mess...

Here's what I am starting with:

1. The first 2 chapters (of maybe 5 or 6) of the script ready to go.
2. A cool web page called Workflowy where I can organise my thoughts and a timeline all in one place. I haven't quite put my whole life on it yet but I can  already see the value in it.

Check it out for yourself https://workflowy.com/invite/31589e2e.lnx

3. A set of "rules "for the book in regards to the process of making each page.
4. A realistic page completion rate of 1 per week. I will however be completing pages a chapter at a time. For example, the first chapter is 9 pages long, so I will give myself 3 week s to pencil, 3 weeks to ink, 2 weeks to colour etc and one week to letter it all.
5. A deliberately ambitious goal to push myself to my maximum potential.
6. A plant to start serialising it online at the halfway point to up my commitment levels.

I will kicking it off this week because that will give me the goal to finish it just before my 38th birthday.

Let's see how I go!

The cover to ABT #3. A mixture of traditional and digital.
Brigand, the Bullfrog are trademark and copyright Daniel Tribe 2015. All rights Reserved.


As ever feel free to comment below!



No comments:

Post a Comment